Monday, June 5, 2017

Mail Call!

Today's mail call is from Terry over at http://naturalhones.com/ and it's awesome! I've been wanting this specific stone for the last 3 years since I started using straight razors. My first experience with this stone was from Billy T. He finished my 1st straight on this specific stone and it was awesome. The 2nd time around was on a Gold Dollar 66 by Anthony Esposito. I had no stones at that time and was green as green can be and that edge lasted for 60 shaves in a row and all I did was strop it. The 1st detail I noticed was the name is engraved on the bottom:


I ordered it on Friday which cost me $99 U.S. Dollars shipped and it was shipped on Saturday and I got it today which was really sweet:


It was sealed for nuclear which is a good thing considering how the mail is about handling the packages. Sometimes I wonder if the Post Office took took much medication:


The size is 5 inches long by 2 5/8's inches wide by 3/4's of inch thick it weighs about a pound give or take a little. It fits in the hand perfectly. So Dr. Matt's under low running water ILR/Coticule technique would be easy to do with this stone:


Terry saved me a lot and I do mean a lot of grief by lapping this stone. It's ultra smooth and there's no scratches in the top and the corners have been beveled:


All in all I'm very happy with this stone and I'm really happy with the service I got. After I shave tonight, I'll go ahead and put this stone to the test. My black diamond needs to be re honed. It's still sharp but it tends to be on the tuggy side of things and it also tries to catch in my trouble spots even with a light touch. Plus it also tends to make my eyes water a little bit. So I'll be doing some honing here in a bit.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...