Saturday, June 17, 2017

Renewal & The Black Diamond:

This morning's shave was great. It's been a few days since I've posted a shave of the day, but I still shaved over the last few days which I will be blogging about here shortly. I was craving Soap Commander today so I grabbed their "Renewal" scented soap along with my RazoRock Plissoft which is still amazing as it was a year ago when I bought it. The scent of this soap is a "floral fougere" so I paired it with some Brut aftershave splash along with Soap Commander's matching aftershave balm which adds a tiny bit of menthol to the already epic post shave feel:


The Black Diamond straight razor was awesome. I managed to get a really clean post shave feel in 3.5 passes. My neck area gave me a lot of grief this morning so I went ahead and did an extra half pass to get it cleaned up better than it was after 3 passes. So later on when I'm financially able, I will be looking at getting some smiling straight razors. That's what they were designed for, tight spaces and curved surfaces such as the neck area and jaw line.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...