Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Gillette Slim:

Gillette you ought to be ashamed of yourselves for getting rid of this fantastic razor. Shame on you Gillette. As many of you know, I picked this razor up along with a gold Gillette Ball end tech for almost nothing. So after about a 2 hour soak in Barbicide, you can see how well this razor cleaned up. The tech cleaned up just as good if not a shade better. This is my new favorite blade & razor combo:


The sweet spot for me is setting number 5. For my 1st pass, that's what I started with. It was extremely comfortable and I just about couldn't feel the blade at all. So for my 2nd pass which was against the grain, I cranked the razor all the way to setting #9. It was still extremely comfortable but I could feel the blade a lot more and it basically took everything off with the exception of my neck area which is about normal. So I turned the razor down to setting #1 and did an across the grain pass. I couldn't feel the blade at all. It felt like I was shaving with a butter knife. The post shave feel was as close as a Gillette Fusion Proshield only with NO razor burn and there was NO sensitivity either. There's only 1 other razor that I have that can get this close and that would be Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's Double Open Comb DE safety razor. I can now add the Gillette Slim to the guaranteed B.B.S. DE razor category. So if you don't have a Gillette Slim in your collection, get one as soon as possible. You are missing out on an excellent razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...