Friday, June 23, 2017

Turkish Bath & The Doc:

This morning's shave was great. I was craving a barbershop type of scent so I grabbed Jeeves of Hudson Street and their Turkish Bath scented soap which has a 1920's style barbershop scent with a heavy top note of premium pipe tobacco. And to finish off this shave, I went with Stirling Soap's Barbershop scented splash to add a touch of sweetness to the scent. Oh before I forget, Jeeves of Hudson Street now has alcohol based matching aftershaves to go with their soaps which is awesome. So if you are looking to get a full matching set, you now can:


The doc was great. I managed to get an "ice rink" post shave feel in 3 passes. I also am trying something different as well. After each shave, I've been stropping the blades of my Gillette Fusion Proshield and so far, I'm up to 13 shaves with it. Yes that's what I said, 13. After each shave with it, I go in the opposite direction than I would when shaving 5 times only on a cotton terry towel and it has worked with the Gillette Fusion Proshield and my straight razors as well. So I'm going to see if it works with my DE safety razors. I don't see why it wouldn't. The Gillette Fusion Proshield is for back & travel use ONLY and I have no intentions of giving up the DE's or straights anytime soon.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...