Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Last Blog Post of 2019:

Happy New Year ladies and gentlemen. 2019 has been a really great year for me in the shaving world and to me personally as well. The first this I accomplished was getting my GED on April 11, 2019. I would not change that for nothing and if I had known I needed to get it, I would have gotten it sooner rather than later. I also made a few life long friends during that time. Another personal goal that I accomplished was that I was finally able to lose some frigging weight. I finally found a diet that is easy to keep and unlike the rest of the diets out there, this actually works and pounds melt off. That diet is called the Keto diet and it involves little to no carbs lots of meats or protein and fat such as bacon, sausage. There's also some intermittent fasting but it's pretty easy to do because the meals keep you satisfied and your insulin does not go up. I have stalled out at 237 pounds for the moment but I was really close to 270 when I started.


We also saw Google Plus close up shop and the explanation behind it was lame as lame can be and I will leave it at that. I also went back to Twitter after taking a 6+ month absence from it. I also joined a new social media platform called MeWe which is a blast and much easier to use too. It also made 1 year of doing shave videos which is really cool. I will be doing a separate blog post about it but I also closed my Google AdSense account. It caused several issues and in my humble opinion, Google AdSense is not worth the time. More details to follow in 2020.

We saw also saw a soap maker call it quits and another one has cut back. K Shave Works will only be available through West Coast Shaving Supplies and The Razor Blade and is doing wholesale orders only. And sadly we saw Mickey Lee Soap Works close up shop due to a promotion and getting transferred to another state. It's already difficult to personally move and it was too much for them to move their business on top of that.

I also got to travel to Florida to see my dad and my brother along with his fiance' and we really enjoyed our visit down there. My dad is no longer physically able to travel now and the only way I can see him is to travel down there. It wasn't too bad driving down there. We missed the rush hour traffic both times going down there and back which was really cool. I still have my timing down pat. That's how I use to miss rush hour traffic when I drove an 18 wheeler for a living.

I'm not going to do a top 10 shave product or gear video or blog post for 2 reasons. The first reason is because everyone else already is or has done this. The second reason is because if I didn't like the shave gear or products such as the soaps and aftershaves, I would not have bought them. I also tend to use the same brands and gear often so me doing a year end top video or blog post is kindly useless. But that's just me though. I'm also amazed at how fast this year has gone by too. Don't blink ladies and gentlemen and next year is going to be even faster because it's also leap year. So thank you so much for another year of blogging and thank you for taking the time to read my blog over the years in addition to this blog post. I will see you in 2020. The Roaring 20's is back.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...