Monday, September 30, 2019

Sensitive Skin Strikes Again:

Earlier today, I got a great shave in with zero blood and it was close. Unfortunately after the second pass, I had a really bad case of razor burn to and my sensitive skin also flared up to the soap that I was using which is Soap Commander's Bounty which is extremely strange because I've NEVER had a reaction to ANY of Soap Commander's products since day 1 and that includes their sandalwood scent and I'm highly allergic to with the exception to Soap Commander's which is called Commitment. Me having a reaction to some coating on the blades is not unusual at all but having one to a Soap Commander product is extremely strange. So I must cease and desist from using Bounty and the Gillette 7 O'clock green blades. When I get paid this coming Thursday, I will be placing an order for some of the Israeli Personna Red blades for my leaf. My skin can't take using any other blades after this: 


But before I do, I will be trying these Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow labeled blades in the Leaf razor next. I've used them before and these remind me of the old Gillette Track 2 cartridges that you can still buy in a lot of the big box stores today. In fact, if you do an Amazon search for the Gillette Track 2, you will see the old Gillette 7 O'clock orange logo in the results. I can use a Gillette Track 2 with no issues and I do have one in my collection. It's a 1971 replica made by Col. Conk which I've not used in a while. There's also a good chance that I might have a 7 day beard growth in my next video. This sensitive skin situation is getting old really quick. The tough beard does not help matters out at all. In fact, it makes things worse:


So I must say good bye to the 7 O'clock green labeled blades. My sensitive skin simply can't handle these blades anymore. That's all there is to it. I've tried a ton of blades and these were the most promising. The part that is terrible is the fact that I have a bulk pack of these 7 O'clock green blades and I can't use them. Thank goodness that these DE blades are stupid cheap. I could not simply throw out cartridges of any kind due to their costs but these I can. I'll mail them off to a friend of mine. I know he does not have a lot of DE blades so why not send them to him instead:


I also have bulk pack of the Chinese version of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades. They are a touch sharper than the Saloon Pack which WAS made in India before Gillette decided to close the plant to make strictly cartridges and focus their greed onto those markets which is totally uncool in my humble opinion. Gillette stop being greedy. You will NOT beat the cost of DE blades and you are slowly killing your business. Plus that heated razor is a joke. I'm not going to pay $200 U.S. Dollars for a heated handle and your overpriced blades that may or may not work. Personna blades specifically the Israeli reds/Platinum Blues (In the United Kingdom's packaging) has won hands down. I'm also certain that once these Gillette Track 2 Plus blades are gone, I will be replacing them with Personna's version.

I do have a bulk pack of Derby Premium half blades if these 7 O'clock yellow labeled blades do not work and thankfully, I do have a couple of the Israeli Personna reds left just in case those don't work for me either. I'll have to look at my blade log book to see what all I've tried and there's a good chance that I will toss that one out after I get another one started copying over some entries and adding new information that I've discovered since starting it. I've also got my Fine Accoutrement's Marvel DE safety razor near by as well. I should have stuck with the Personna Platinum blades that I tried in my 37C slant years ago. Had I known back then what I know today, then I would have stuck with the Israeli Personna Reds/Platinum blue blades a long time ago. It's a lot cheaper to buy a bulk pack of those blades and burn through them due to a tough beard than it is to suffer sensitive skin issues on a constant basis just for an extremely close shave that ends up being uncomfortable. So now I will see what happens next.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...