Friday, September 28, 2018

Blade Longevity?

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. It's still coffee time for me here in Southwest Virginia and I have switched to decaf for the night. So while I'm enjoying some decaf coffee, I thought I would take the time to address something that I get asked about a lot and that's DE blade longevity. That's one of the two questions I get asked a lot with the other being about costs. This question along with various versions about costs usually gets asked by cartridge users more than anyone else and it's usually from someone who got that eye opening moment when they go to spend all of that money on cartridge refills. They are often quite shocked when I tell them that I average between 3 to 5 multi pass shaves per blade and that I can get 100+ blades for what they are about to spend on that cartridge refill pack. They then start to do the math in their head and end up having that "ah ha" moment. I usually tell them to go online and check it out and then I don't see them again:


I pretty much tell them to go online and search because there are much better choices out there compared to what you find in various big box stores. And if you don't want to use a soap and brush, you don't have to. I've got friends that still use the canned shave foam but use double edge and straight razors instead of the cartridges. I've touched on this a little bit in the past but not a lot mainly because not every one's longevity will be the same. It depends on the razor, how much beard growth you have, what type of skin and hair do you have along with the blade that your are using at that specific moment. So longevity is really subjective. But my answer is usually 3 to 5 shaves per DE blade give or take a little.


I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...