Thursday, November 1, 2018

Feather + Leaf = 3 Shaves Max:

The live was great. If you follow Strike Gold Shave on Instagram, you can watch the replay of our shaves. Mine went okay but you can definitely tell that it was time to switch out the blade. So that puts my shave total to 3 multi pass shaves on a Feather DE blade in the Leaf razor. That tells you how tough my beard has gotten over the past 4 years. When I first started in February of 2013, I could get 10 multi pass shaves out of a Feather blade with a mild twist to open razor. Now I'm down to 3 in a mild razor. That is a huge drop in longevity:


The 3rd shave on a Feather blade is usually the most comfortable shave in ANY mild or medium DE safety razor, in this one is fell short in the comfort part of that equation and the blade kept wanting to grab in a few spots. That usually means that it's time for another blade. I've been hearing a lot about these Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades so I will be trying them next:


So this means that the blade search continues. There's not too many more blades left that I've not tried in other razors and only a handful that I have not tried period and this Gillette Wilkinson Sword is one that I have never tried before ever so it will definitely be interesting.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...