Thursday, November 1, 2018

Gillette Wilkinson Sword On Deck:

This is one blade that I have been wanting to try for a really long time and just never got around to it until now. As far as I can remember, I have never used these blades before in any razor. I even went back and searched my blog to make sure and saw no shave of the day posts with these blades. I have 2 friends that swear by these blades and they are Ken Kirkup (a.k.a. Kensurfs) and my buddy, Anthony Esposito. Anthony is normally a straight razor guy but he does use DE safety razors when he is in a hurry and he will grab these blades before anything else. Ken uses these on a regular basis but does try other blades:


They come from India but they do have the P&G logo on the back and mention that these are a trademark of Gillette U.S.A. They also come single wrapped:


Another thing I noticed is that these blades are extremely thin. They were also much easier to snap in half for the Leaf razor as well which is a very good thing:


I am looking forward to trying these blades mainly because I have never tried them before in anything. I'm certain that this will also be the last Gillette blade that I have not tried before as well. The Gillette Platinum Plus in the DE 89 was one of my favorites with nearly identical results from the Polsilver Iridium blades coming in an extremely close second. So those will definitely be interesting. So will the Gillette Platinum, Astra Greens which I got great results with in other razors. I also plan trying the blades that came with it which will be next after these.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...