Saturday, November 3, 2018

Resoltuion & The Leaf:

Sorry folks, but there won't be a shave video today due to technical difficulties which is extremely annoying to say the least. For today's shave, I needed a Soap Commander fix really bad so I grabbed their resolution scented soap which was a limited edition from last year. The scent is fresh Frasier fir pine scent with a hint of cranberry sweetness that's rounded off with a touch of bitterness from fresh Mistletoe. It's a fresh and clean type of scent. And to finish off this shave, I went with a nice healthy dose of good old Skin Bracer :


The Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade was great but I clearly had the blade in the wrong slots which is why I have a slight touch of razor burn after 2.5 passes. So from now on, I will be using the middle and top slots only with the leaf razor. But other than that, these blades are great and extremely comfortable. Now onto the technical difficulties. For some reason, the open camera app would not record videos over 6 minutes in length. So I got rid of a few apps that I was not using and set the maximum video recording time to 1 hour. I really should shorten it down even further to (30 minutes or less) because it does not take me that long to shave. Before when I was making straight razor honing videos, I had the maximum file set to unlimited and just never got around to resetting it. As you can see below, I got it fixed and performed a test and recorded some footage while I watched a shave video to see if that fixed everything and it did:


^ Having the camera stop recording on you while you are trying to film a shave video is annoying to no end. This was taken after 16 minutes of recording time. I wanted to toss the phone out the dang window but since I'm paying on it still, I better not. When it comes time to upgrade, I am seriously looking at Apple's I Phones with more internal storage. By the way please avoid the Samsung tablets. They suck and don't half work 90% of the time. Even after installing the factory updates and restarting both tablets, we still had issues with them and the apps still wouldn't work. So come November 29th, 2019, those tablets will be removed from my Verizon account.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...