Extinguish & Aqua Velva:

Today is "TTFFC Thursday" and the raspberry gelato scented soap Extinguish was up next in the rotation and I decided to pair it with Aqua Velva's ice blue aftershave. I was NOT planning on shaving today until I got up this morning and looked into the mirror. I got too close for comfort yesterday using a straight razor and had epic razor burn and irritation which finally cleared up yesterday evening. So for this morning's shave I went with my DE 89 and a Perma-Sharp blade. It was a fast and clean shave that's more than presentable and socially acceptable:


The DE 89 is mild in terms of blade exposure. But it does have some really nice weight to it and the smooth head offers a lot of glide so shaving with it has been and will continue to be an enjoyable experience. I'm really looking forward to trying the Alumigoose razor when it's released.

#5 of 2017:

Well all good things must come to an end. Say hello to my 5th soap that I've finished off in 2017. This one was really good and I'm...