Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Lemon Chill & The Gem SE:

Today's shave was great and very refreshing. After a nice, hot and relaxing shower, I went with Stirling Soap and their lemon chill scent which has an intense menthol blast and it also has a semi sweet lemon pastry scent to it. And to finish off the shave, I paired it with the matching aftershave balm which in my opinion was the icing on the cake:


The Gem SE with a Gem Blue Star blade was excellent. These blades aren't bad if you strop them a couple of times before the 1st use. Another thing that I did was before I used this blade for the first time was to soak it in some 3 in One oil for about a week to keep it from rusting. The results was a very smooth, close and comfortable "ice rink" post shave feel after just 2 passes. It's a shame that no one has ever done a modern version of the Gem SE razors.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...