Thursday, February 1, 2018

Gillette Nacet Blade Review:

This will be my last DE blade review. I bought these some time back in late 2017 & I'm glad that I did. They're excellent blades but I personally only have one issue with them and this is just me & my humble opinion. My issue is longevity. For me, these aren't too good in that area. 3 shaves at the most in a standard style safety razor such as a Merkur 34C or an Edwin Jagger DE 89 safety razor and if I was to put these into a slant or an open comb style razor, it's even less. In my German 37 these are only good for 1 shave for me. Others will more than likely get more but if you have a really tough beard like I do, don't look to get more than 2 shaves at the most :


In adjustable razors these are really comfortable & pretty smooth until you get to the 3rd or 4th shave. Then they start to tug & pull a tiny bit which you can fix by stropping but please replace this blade right after you finish that specific shave because if you strop it again like I did, you will not get a comfortable shave at all just like I did today in my Gillette Slim:


In terms of ratings, I would give these blades a 4 out of 5 star rating mainly due to the longevity issue that I have with them but other than that, they're good blades. I've got one more product review coming then that will be it in terms of reviews.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...