Thursday, March 9, 2017

Honing Time!

This morning's shave indicated that something had went wrong with my black diamond razor and before I got started honing, it hit me as to what I did which happens from time to time. I hit the scales with the edge of the razor while closing it which in turn killed the edge. So please be careful when you are closing your straight razors after use. So let's get started:


First I started with the 600 grit and set the bevel on it using Anthony Esposito's method. Then I just ran it up the line. Then I finished the razor on my Jnat 3 times diluting the slurry each time before going to my strop. After that, I did 10 round trips on the smooth leather side of my strop. So that should take care of it.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...