Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Feather + Leaf Razor = ?

Things just got extremely interesting folks. My friend Ken surfs got a request to use a Feather DE blade in the Leaf razor. I also got asked about it repeatedly in the various face book groups out there and I was also asked. So I went ahead and installed a fresh Feather blade in the top 2 slots of the Leaf razor. So tomorrow's shave just got extremely interesting to say the least:


So you guys know that I'm not pulling your leg, here's a close up:


And yeah it got the top hide of my finger while loading the blade. It wasn't even deep enough to consider it to be a cut and yet it bled this much. You can use your imagination as to how much blood it would have produced if the blade went extremely deep. That is why I don't use straight razors. One good swipe with shaky hands and ugly would not do it justice:


^ I will include a link to this blog post in tomorrow's shave video in the description on YouTube. Plus this combo is getting a real acid test. As of tomorrow, I will have 4 days worth of beard growth. So like I said earlier, tomorrow's shave will for sure be extremely interesting. I was told by someone that this razor really tones down the Feather blades into a comfortable shave. I already know that it will be close because of the Feather blade. It's the sharpest blade you can get. The only other blades that even come close to Feather is the Bolzano Superinox and the Perma-Sharps.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...