Sunday, October 14, 2018

Switching To Milder Blades:

While my phone charges, I thought I would take a moment to switch out the blades. Recording YouTube videos on your phone really runs your battery down. Mean while, the first shave with the Leaf and Perma-Sharp blades was great but today's shave wasn't as good as I would have liked it to have been and that was due to the harshness that the Perma-Sharps tend have. The 3rd shave would have been worse. So for my next shave, I will be trying these Gillette Silver Blue blades in the Leaf to see what happens. My blade sampler pack didn't arrive this past Saturday but they did arrive at the nearest distribution center about 2 hours away. I am thinking that the Feather blades I ordered may have been a mistake but we will see:


^ I've had great success with these Gillette Silver Blue blades and I do have 2 more Gillette brands coming which are the Gillette Wilkinson Sword which I see in a ton of shave of the day posts, along with the Gillette 7 "o" Clock blacks. In addition to those blades, I also have Personna Lab Blues coming. I also have some of the Parker blades left that was given to me by Dr. Mike's Emporium which I really need to try in the Leaf razor. Plus I still plan on trying the Super Platinum that came with the Leaf razor. I will also do a blog post on each blade with the Leaf Razor. In a science experiment there are 2 variables. The independent variable and dependent variable. In this specific experiment, the independent variable is the Leaf razor because it will be used in every single shave that I do from here on out. The dependent variable will be the shave quality itself both during and afterward. The blade changes and so does the shave soap and brush, so they can't be variables in this specific experiment. The biggest factor for me is comfort both during the shave and after the shave. I don't want to use a blade that can't cut my whiskers but at the same time, I don't want a blade that draws blood and causes irritation with each use either.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...