Saturday, January 14, 2017

C.O. Bigelow & The Wedge:

Today's shave was great. After a nice hot and relaxing shower, I went with C.O. Bigelow and their menthol & eucalyptus scent (it's Proraso green). And to finish off this shave, I went with Barbasol Brisk which adds an even more refreshing touch to this shave:


The Wedge did okay. I did touch it up on the Shoubandini before beginning but I still had to stop half way through the 1st pass to strop it on the rough leather side of my strop which made a huge difference. I ended up getting an "ice rink" type of post shave feel in 3 passes. Oh I heard from Dr. Matt about my Jr. Torrey razor. It had a twist in the spine which is now fixed. He said it will shave like a dream when he's done with it. I can't wait to try it because it's the first time I've ever shaved off a Belgium Coticule. It's also why I haven't bought anymore stones as of late.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...