Thursday, January 26, 2017

Razor Clean Up Continued:

Earlier today while I was refilling one of my mixed soap containers, I managed to find some wet/dry sandpaper left over from several years ago. So I decided to give my wedge another cleaning session. So lets get started:


First I started off with the 320 grit which done a phenomenal job at getting the scratches out. I almost couldn't believe the results:


Here's the results I got which was amazing:


Next up, I wiped the razor down with a clean cloth and started cleaning again with the 400 grit. This didn't take too long and the 400 grit had no problems removing the 320 grit scratches:


Below is the results of the 400 grit. After that, I used Mother's Metal Polish. You put it on and rub it down until the metal turns black and then you wait a couple of minutes. Next you wipe of the remaining polish with a clean cloth. I did this 3 times before going to my final step:


After I got done with the 3rd polishing session, I grabbed a clean microfiber cloth and wiped it down a few times and the results are amazing:


Here's the final results I got which I am very pleased with:


All the items I used can be found in Walmart in the automotive and auto body sections. Once Dr. Matt gets done with the buffing and honing, this razor will really pop. I'm willing to bet that it will probably look like a brand new mirror after he gets done with.


I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...