Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Volcano & The Steampunk Wedge:

Oh wow what a shave. Today, I needed a Tiki Bar fix so I went with their Volcano scented vegan soap which has an incredible semi sweet tropical fruit scent to it. And to finish off this blissful shave, I paired it with their "Walk The Plank" aftershave balm which has a coconut, rum and salt water scent to it. Amanda went light on the rum to allow more of the coconut to come through and to my nose, I get a semi sweet coconut rum and salt water scent which is amazing:


The Steampunk wedge was perfect. I nailed the edge on it with the Shoubandini and during today's shave, I watched my beard disappear in 2 passes and it felt like I was using my Edwin Jagger DE 89. Now I did have to do an extra pass on my neck area to get my trouble spots cleaned up but that's about normal even with a DE safety razor. I now know what I need to do on my Shoubandini to get an epic edge that's smooth as a butter knife, but the old barbed wire beard melts away.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...