Sunday, January 29, 2017

Grape Soda & The Gem SE:

Today's shave was great. I decided to give my new badger brush a little taste of Catie's Bubbles this morning and their Knee High To a Grape was perfect. Between the intoxicating grape soda scent and rich and ultra slick lather that Catie's Bubbles is known for, I had one of my best shaves. To finish off this shave, I paired it with my usual go to splash:


The Gem SE was okay mainly because the blade is shot. So after doing 2 passes, I grabbed a new Gem Blue Star blade and I stropped it using the smooth leather on my strop. The blade is now currently soaking in some 3 in One oil as we speak before its 1st initial use. I'm also going to start doing something different. From now on, I will only be doing just 1 pass and nothing else. The reason behind this is to keep the irritation to a minimum. I also won't be shaving every day either. I find that I get a much better shave when I don't shave every day.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...