Thursday, December 28, 2017

C.a.D. & The Slim:

Today's shave was great. Today I decided to go with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their modern day classic "C.a.D." which is a much stronger version of a certain 1970's & 1980's "canned shave foam" scent. I can't mention the name because I don't want to get any "cease and desist" letters for mentioning their name which is what the company that makes the canned foam scent does. And to finish off today's shave, I went with the matching aftershave:


The Gillette Slim was perfect this morning. I started off with a setting of 7 for my 1st pass then I dialed down to 3 for my second pass and then down to 1 for my last pass. I ended up turning it back up to 3 and hitting my moustache area again because it wasn't close enough and 1 wasn't getting it done in that area. I believe that I'll be doing what I did the other day from now on when it comes to shaving. I also tossed the Wilkinson Sword blade out as well. 3 shaves is my limit with those blades. Others who don't have a tough beard like I do will more than likely get 5 to 6 shaves out of a blade give or take a little. They're extremely good blades but so far I'm loving the Gillette Nacet blades more.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...