Saturday, December 30, 2017

American Blend & The 37:

Today's shave was pretty good but not great and no it wasn't the soap. Today I went with Fine Accoutrements and their American Blend soap which is their take on YSL's Rive Gauche Pour Homme (2003) and to finish off today's shave, I went with the matching aftershave:


I should have switched out the blade before my shave even though I only had 1 shave on it. My shave was very uncomfortable. I ended up getting where I wanted to be in just 2 passes but the razor tugged and pulled a lot. So I am tossing out the blade and putting in a Gillette Nacet blade. I'm a little disappointed that the Wilkinson Sword blade was only good for one shave in my slant.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...