Saturday, December 16, 2017

Wilkinson Sword Blades Review:

8 days ago, I ordered a new brush and some blades to try out and these German made Wilkinson Sword Classic DE blades are fantastic. I've gotten consistent results each and every time I've used them and they're extremely smooth and comfortable with no pulling or tugging. These are perfect for those with extremely sensitive skin and after stropping them 2 times on both sides of the blade, they're perfect for my skin. This is how they're packaged which is pretty cool:


^ On the back of the package it states that these specific blades are made in Soligen, Germany which is extremely well known for having quality steel and some of the finest blades & razors on the market. This dispenser isn't too hot in terms of accessing the blades but other than that, these blades are fantastic. I'll more than likely be getting more of them as I go along:


In my humble opinion the best razors to use with these blades are the Merkur 38C, the Gillette Slim adjustable and RazoRock German 37 in that specific order:


The 38C was the best in terms of comfort and the German 37 was the closest with the Gillette slim being in the middle. The only thing I've not done is a longevity test but I really don't need to do that because unlike my cartridge blades these don't cost anything. So after 3 or 4 shaves, I'm tossing the blade out. No sense trying to stretch a blade when they're cheap enough and you have plenty of blades on hand.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...