Thursday, May 17, 2018

Blog Update & Some Sad News:

First I must let people know that I am not quitting blogging but I am cutting back a lot on blogging in general. Now that I've discovered how to make quality YouTube videos & have began to obtain equipment, I haven't been writing a lot of blog posts as of late. And before today, all of my previous shave of the day posts have been just a photo and the last shave I did wasn't even posted. It has also been a while since my last mail call blog post & I've not done a honing blog post in a while either. I've been so busy that I've really not had the time to blog:


The sad news is that my grandmother may not be with us for very much longer. About a month ago, my grandmother who is 94 years old now, decided to get up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. And her being extremely stubborn & in total denial about her health decided to not use her walker which we've gotten onto her about repeatedly, and it was a disaster. She fell & broke her upper left arm and rather than call out for help, she decided to just lay there. My aunt found her the next morning & her health has been going down hill ever since. Then one morning I got a call from my aunt who was in full panic mode & she stated that they had put my grandmother in the hospital because they found 2 blood clots in her legs. So now she's been on and off blood thinners since that day & they started giving her a stomach pill. My grandmother had also given up at that point. She tried to pull a "hunger strike" & they told her that if she didn't eat, they was going to put a feeding tube in and she started eating some but not a lot. My grandmother is now down to 75 pounds & before all of this happened, she was pushing 90+ pounds. The day we went to see her at the hospital after she started getting better, they moved her into a nursing home. She had been doing good but was still confused and up until 4 days ago, she was doing fine & they was talking about letting her go home. Then she lost her voice & they took her over to the local hospital where they took some xrays. They diagnosed her with pneumonia & found a hernia in the upper part of her stomach. The other day she took a turn for the worse. So they rushed her to the ER & then decided to transport my grandmother to Johnson City TN Medical Center & she arrived there that night around 9:10 PM EST & we didn't get to see her until about an hour later. We also didn't get to stay very long either. Yesterday she was listed in serious condition but there's been no updates & my dad and his wife are going to driving up from Florida early this morning. My grandmother is still fighting. She gets feisty & then settles down & when they got her down there, she tried fighting the nurses on doing blood work. They have also since ruled out any surgery to fix that hernia in her upper stomach. Between being weak due to the lack of oxygen caused by the pneumonia & the fact that she only weighs 75+ pounds give or take a little, the anesthesia would kill her. She won't make it through any surgery & the hernia is inflamed. She has also tried to pull off her breathing mask & thankfully her arm brace keeps her from doing that. Like I said, it's sad news & it does not look to get any better either. So don't be surprised if you don't hear from me much these days. I'll try post up any info I can.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...