Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Honor & The 42C:

Today's shave felt really good & was extremely nice. Earlier today after a nice, hot shower, I went with Soap Commander and their "Honor" scented soap which is their version of a Barbershop scent. The scent is some where between Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements C.a.D. which is a 1970's & 1980's canned shave foam scent & Fine's American Blend barbershop scented splash which is their take on Rive Gauche Per Homme (2003). Speaking of Fine's American Blend, I went with a huge & healthy dose of it followed by Soap Commander's Honor scented aftershave balm to finish off today's shave:


The 42C was excellent if not perfect. I was exactly where I wanted to be with just 2 passes. The key to getting a good shave, is knowing when to quit and to take an extra moment or 2 and either switch out the blade or if you happen to be using a straight razor, to stop strop the razor. I also have some sad news to report. 4 days ago, my 94 year old grandmother was diagnosed with pneumonia & she has lost her ability to speak. Yesterday morning her condition worsened & she was rushed to the ER. Yesterday evening they also found a hernia in the upper part of her stomach & have since moved her to Johnson City TN Medical Center into the ICU & as far as I know, she is listed in serious condition. I've not heard any more news & there's some family issues surrounding this. We did drive down there to see her but didn't get to stay very long. Also there will be one more blog post to update you on what I have planned & will be doing now that I've started making YouTube videos. 

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...