Friday, May 11, 2018

Grape Soda & The 42C:

Today's shave felt extremely good & is very delicious smelling. Today I went with KShave Worx and their very rich & deep Grapelicious scented soap which has a phenomenal grape soda scent. And to finish off today's shave, I went with their matching aftershave splash which is witch hazel based & very soothing & refreshing:


The 42C was beyond belief. 3 passes & I'm slick as black ice. I also never went against the grain except on my neck area today. I did 2 passes with the grain & on the 3rd pass, I went across the grain on my cheeks & moustache area & against the grain on my neck area. My strop also made a huge difference as well. It was as if I didn't have a blade in the razor. I pretty much know now which DE razors to stick with. The Original Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's double open comb and the Merkur 1904 Classic Closed Comb (42C). I'm dialed in on both of these DE safety razors. Another thing that I've noticed is that I've lost count as to how many shaves I have on this blade.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...