Saturday, May 26, 2018

Ike & The Doc:

Today's shave was extremely nice & refreshing. Today I went with Strike Gold Shave & their fabulous "Ike" scented soap with a little touch of Cremo's cooling non lathering shave cream for an extra refreshment. The scent on Ike is extremely close to the classic aftershave, Skin Bracer which is what I finished off today's 3 pass shave with:


The Doc was good but not great today & that was because this was the last shave on this blade. I'm pretty sure that this was the 5th multi pass shave on this blade so after I was done, I went ahead & switched it out for a Gillette Silver Blue instead of the usual blade like you see in the photo. While I like the blade that I used in today's shave, I tend to favor the Gillette Silver Blue blades more specifically in the 42C. So if my next shave with the doc goes much better & is more comfortable, I will definitely be switching to them on a permanent basis. I'm after close & comfortable shaves and these blades that I used today are not agreeing with my skin.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...