Saturday, May 5, 2018

American Blend & The 42C:

Today's shave felt really good. Today I wanted something a little different, so I went with Fine Accoutrements and their classic American Blend scented soap. The black badger had no problem whipping up a gorgeous lather & had the perfect amount of scratch to it which was awesome & a great relief because my beard was itching pretty bad this morning. And to finish off today's shave, I went with a triple dose of the matching aftershave:


The 42C was excellent & then some. Between the fresh blade which I took to my strop 2 times on each side of the blade to knock the harshness off the 1st shave, I was really close & comfortable after 3 passes. There's no telling when my new ZY razors will arrive. The timeline is horrible. They are scheduled to arrive between today & May 25th, 2018. I've also decided to keep blogging my shave of the day posts only and just do honing videos only. Mail call videos will also happen but I'm just about done ordering stuff. I might order a few supplies like Proraso pre shave & styptic gel along with some alum blocks & things like that but there's only a couple of stones left that I really want to get which is the Naniwa Snow White 8K & a couple of Arkansas oil stones to finish out my progression. I don't know which I will get first. I'm thinking the oil stones which will only set me back at around $50.00 U.S. Dollars give or take a little. The reason I will not be doing shave videos is because I feel that there's already enough people doing those & there's not enough people doing honing videos these days & that's what I want to do.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...