Monday, May 28, 2018

Honor & The Doc:

Today's shave felt really good. After a nice & hot shower, I went with Soap Commander and their fabulous "Honor" scented soap which is their version of a Barbershop scent. The scent is some where between Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's C.a.D. & the old version of Fine's American Blend. I was told that it's extremely close to Mike's Natural Soap's Barbershop scented soap which I've never got to use. And to finish off today's shave I went with Soap Commander's Honor aftershave balm followed by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's C.a.D. aftershave splash which is not pictured because I decided to add it at the last minute:


The doc was great. I did forget to run the razor across my strop a couple of times to take the harshness of the first shave off which isn't much on these Gillette Silver Blue blades compared to my other blades that I've used. The doc razor left me slick as black ice after just 2.5 passes which is perfect. I am still planning on making videos & I am currently waiting till I get paid to buy some gear. I really can't wait to do some more videos with some overhead shots while honing.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...