Monday, May 28, 2018

New "Go To" Blade Choice:

As I get older, I don't like things to change much, but I do understand that change can be a really good thing & this is one of those times. The Perma-Sharp blades are great but here lately they have kindly been a bit on the "Too Sharp" side for my skin. So I tried the Gillette Silver Blue DE blades in the doc & wouldn't you know it, that's I needed to do. This isn't the first time I've had to do this & this also isn't the first time I've tried these blades in the doc either:


I also love these blades in the Merkur 1904 Classic Closed Comb (42C) as well as a couple of other razors that I have in my collection. But I won't be buying these blades in bulk because 2 or 3 packs will last a really long time now that I am going into straight razors on a full time basis. I'm also looking at making soap as a hobby only as well. There's really no need for me to open a soap making business when there's already more than enough artisans making soap out there as it is.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...