Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 2018:

Today is a very special day here in the United States of America. On this day, we take the time to honor our fallen heroes whom made the ultimate sacrifice & we also honor their families who lost their loved ones in service to this great country of ours. You are not forgotten & your sacrifice will never be forgotten. You will always be remembered:


Here's the church just above the court house on main street. Every year the near by town of Marion, Virginia places these flags & crosses with the name of our veterans who have died in service of our country along with veterans whom have passed on after their service:


Here's a monument to all of those who were killed in action. They listed those from the area in each & every war or conflict. The other sides have the other wars & conflicts listed:


Sadly more & more flags and crosses get added each year:


Here's the permanent memorial to all of the P.O.W.'s & those whom are still missing in action:


And here's what the plaque says on the P.O.W. memorial:


I've currently got family who is still serving & I lost a great uncle in Vietnam. All of my grandfathers were World War 2 veterans & I had several great uncles whom served in Vietnam. My grandmother who recently passed away has a younger brother whom served in Korea. He didn't talk much about what happened over there & neither did my grandfathers. So as you fire up your grills & what not, please take a moment or 2 to remember those who gave their lives so that we remain free. Freedom is not free & was bought & paid for in blood.



I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...