Monday, May 23, 2016

An Old Brush Trick:

One of the things that annoys me to no end is a brush that will NOT release its lather and water during a shave and here lately, my Omega 10049 Professional boar brush has started to not release as much during a shave. And I know why. It's not been that long since I cleaned my brush and usually when I do, this starts to happen soon afterward. So here's a little trick you can do to solve that problem and if it's a new brush, it also helps break it in and get the sink out as well:


Basically what you do is take 2 tablespoons of your favorite fabric softener and add it to your shave mug that you use to soak your brush in with some hot water and let it soak for about 2 hours. It's best to do it after a shave while your brush is still wet and for a new brush, I recommend doing this overnight and combing it afterward. This gets rid of any and all loose hairs and softens the brush extremely well:


After soaking your brush shake all of the water out of it and paint brush it (like you are cleaning a paint brush after use) across a clean dry towel:


After all of this your brush should feel extremely soft and splay very nicely and should release the lather and water much easier. This also works with synthetic brushes as well, but in my humble opinion it's really not needed for most synthetics because most of them are pretty soft and have no issues of releasing the water and lather during the shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...