Friday, May 27, 2016

Vision & The DE 89:

This morning's shave was great. Sorry for the late posting but I pretty much had to shower, shave and go out the door this morning hence using the DE 89. Today I went with my top shave which is Soap Commander's Vision which has an aqua, amber and mint scent to it and has an extremely nice and soothing post shave to it. And the icing on the cake was pairing it with both Aqua Velva classic ice blue and Soap Commander's matching aftershave balm which adds a touch of menthol to it for a really nice post shave feel like no other:


I ended up getting a squeaky clean post shave after 3 passes with my Edwin Jagger DE 89. One more shave and I'll have to switch out the blade. I'm patiently waiting on my next pay day which is this coming Friday and I'll be buying the Alumigoose. The reason for it is because I'm using Feather DE blades now and depending on which razor I use, I either get 3 mulitpass shaves with the DE 89, or I get 2 multipass shaves with my Phoenix double open comb which is unacceptable. My beard grows so fast that cartridges can't keep up. I got 5 multipass shaves out of 1 good injector blade with a replica Schick injector razor. The problem was that the replica had no weight behind it and the blades were a "hit or miss". Out of 1 good blade using the replica, I would have to toss out at least 2 blades. I never had that problem with the Feather Artist Club injector razor blades. Hence why I am wanting to get the aluminum version of the Mongoose razor.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...