Monday, May 8, 2017

Mountain Man & The German 37:

Today's shave was great. I decided to go with Stirling Soaps today and their Mountain Man scent which is their take on Creed's Silver Mountain Water cologne. And to finish off this shave, I paired it with Aqua Velva's new aftershave balm which was the icing on cake for this shave:


The German 37 was excellent. I'm totally impressed with this razor in every way possible. First I got an "ice rink" post shave feel in 2.5 passes which is NOT normal with this many shaves on a blade. Second this was the 5th shave in a row on this blade and it still shows NO SIGNS of slowing down anytime soon. Normally with other slant and open comb styled razors, you would be looking at replacing your 2nd blade by now, but not this razor. So lets do some math here. If this was the only DE safety razor in your collection and you got 5 multi pass shaves on one blade, that means that a 100 pack of blades would give you 500 multi pass shaves which is nearly 2 years worth of daily shaving. I'm going to keep using this razor until the blade gives out to see how many more shaves I can get on it. I've already went past the other DE safety razors I have in my collection which was 4 multi pass shaves and the Doc was only 3 multi pass shaves. I'm hoping to get 3 more shaves out of this blade because if I do, then that will mean that a 100 pack of blades will equal 1K multi pass shaves before having to restock my blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...