Monday, May 1, 2017

TTFFC Mixed & The Black Diamond:

Today's shave was perfect. I was craving Through The Fire Fine Craft by Maria Arman, so I whipped out my mixed soap container. I am completely out of her soaps other than this container right here. So when I can, I will be ordering some. And to finish off this shave, I went with my Aqua Velva aftershave balm which is really nice:


The black diamond was extremely good. I went ahead and re honed the razor using my full progression including my Shapton 12K and when I got to the 12K all I did was subtle "X" strokes and it worked extremely well to. I got a really nice shave in 3.5 passes. It's a pass and a half more than I want to make but considering how close I got today as a result, it will be fine. I also did the same thing with my other 2 straight razors. So we'll see how I did on the others.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...