Saturday, May 27, 2017

Renewal & The Jr. Torrey:

Today's shave ended up being great. More on that in a moment. Soap Commander saved today's shave and their "Renewal" scent is phenomenal. It's a Floral Fougere' scent. And to finish off today's shave, I went with Brut and the matching aftershave balm:


This was the last shave with the Jr. Torrey. I ended up going to my back up razor that I keep in my bathroom which done a fantastic job. This Jr. Torrey simply won't hold an edge no matter who hones it. Dr. Matt honed it and done an extremely good job on it and it only lasted for 2 shaves. My friend Craig Minor gave the razor and he put a really wicked Arkansas edge on it and it only lasted for 3 shaves. I've got a tough beard but my Black Diamond straight razor holds an edge and has lasted for quite a while now. My wedge also holds an edge but lacks the weight to go through my beard. So it looks like the black diamond will be my only straight razor you will see from now on. I'm through with vinatge straight razors from here on out.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...