Saturday, June 10, 2017

Latha Limon & The Black Diamond:

Today's shave ended up being great. More on that in a moment. Today I decided go with good old Barrister & Mann and their "Latha Limon" scented soap. I also decided to go with my RazoRock Plissoft synthetic brush since today makes1 year since I bought it. The scent of this soap is lemon, orange and rose which you would think these wouldn't go together. But surprisingly the rose and orange really make the lemon pop. And to finish off today's shave, I paired it with Stirling Soap's Glacial Lemon Chill aftershave balm:


The black diamond was decent at best. So after 2 passes, I switched to my back up razor which is my Gillette Fusion Proshield. It's a cartridge razor that was designed by a wet shaver so please no B.S. or hate mail about it. After I finished my shave, I went ahead and stropped the black diamond and then I went back to both the Apache Strata and my Shoubandini Jnat. So it should be really good considering I did 2 sessions on each stone using my friend Anthony Esposito's technique. So everything turned out great.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...