Renewal & The Black Diamond:

This morning's shave was great. It's been a few days since I've posted a shave of the day, but I still shaved over the last few days which I will be blogging about here shortly. I was craving Soap Commander today so I grabbed their "Renewal" scented soap along with my RazoRock Plissoft which is still amazing as it was a year ago when I bought it. The scent of this soap is a "floral fougere" so I paired it with some Brut aftershave splash along with Soap Commander's matching aftershave balm which adds a tiny bit of menthol to the already epic post shave feel:


The Black Diamond straight razor was awesome. I managed to get a really clean post shave feel in 3.5 passes. My neck area gave me a lot of grief this morning so I went ahead and did an extra half pass to get it cleaned up better than it was after 3 passes. So later on when I'm financially able, I will be looking at getting some smiling straight razors. That's what they were designed for, tight spaces and curved surfaces such as the neck area and jaw line.

Retiring The Track 2:

This will be breaking a lot of people's hearts, but I'm retiring my 1970 Gillette Track 2  to my collection and will no longer be u...