Tuesday, January 16, 2018

American Blend & The Shield:

Today's shave was great. Today I went with Fine Accoutrements and their American Blend scented soap. The scent is supposed to be their take on YSL's Rive Gauche Pour Homme (2003) with a little hint of Gaiac wood. The scent isn't as strong as what it use to be. And to finish off today's shave, I went with the matching aftershave splash:


The Gillette Shield was excellent. I was squeaky clean in just 2 passes & only had to touch up one spot afterward. So I took it to my fire hose strop & my both sides of my leather strop so it should be good for roughly about 4 to 5 more shaves before I have to do it again. I'm impressed at how long these blades have lasted. And the fact that I get zero burn from aftershaves & colognes says a lot about how smooth & comfortable the post shave feel is.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...