Saturday, January 20, 2018

Proraso Green & The Shield:

Today's shave was great & very refreshing. Today after a nice & hot shower, I went with Proraso Green which is a Menthol & Eucalyptus scented soap. Then I finished it off with a nice healthy dose of Pinaud's Osage Rub which adds a little extra kick & freshness to the shave. The Omega 10049 Professional built a great lather, but once again it absorbed over half of it and I had to re load the brush before I could make my 2nd pass. It's going back into retirement:


The Gillette Shield was excellent. I was squeaky clean & slick as black ice after just 2 passes. The stropping helped it out tremendously. I don't have a clue as to how many shaves I have on this cartridge. I've pretty much stopped counting since I switched it out before Christmas. In the past, I was doing good to get 2 shaves out one but back then, I didn't know anything about a soap and brush or stropping either. I also didn't know about mapping my beard growth either which does make a huge difference in your shave no matter what you use.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...