Sunday, January 7, 2018

C.a.D. & The Shield:

This morning's shave was phenomenal. For today's shave I went with my Omega 10049 Professional boar brush which produces one of the best lathers you will ever have. I also broke out the shave scuttle for a nice & thick hot lather which is perfect for a cold morning. I think it was around 3 degrees Fahrenheit this morning so I don't have to tell you how great that hot lather felt. And the star of today's shave was Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their modern day classic C.a.D. which is a much stronger version of a certain "canned shave foam" scent from the 1970's & 80's. And to finish off today's shave, I went with the matching aftershave splash:


The Gillette Shield was outstanding this morning. I got another black ice post shave feel in just 2.5 passes. Between the ultra slick hot lather & the prep I did, you aren't going to beat this kind of shave in my humble opinion. No irritation of any kind which is always a good thing. I'm also down to the very last shave brush that I wanted to soak in fabric softener which is the one I used this morning. My synthetics don't need it.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...