Friday, January 19, 2018

Brush Repair Failed:

Well crap is all I can say about this but that's okay, I've got plenty of brushes and it's not like I can't get anymore brushes. This happened yesterday morning right after my shave. So I decided to try using the plumber's cement & hardener to fix this:


You put the hardener on one part and the cement on the other and once combined on PVC pipe, the only way you can get it apart it to either cut or break the PVC pipe along with other plastics and certain materials. At first I thought it was going to work:


But this happened again and I realized that this was totally useless in terms of brush repair. A waterproof epoxy would be a much better choice:


A hot glue gun also works really good. It did on my Omega 10049 Professional boar brush and it's still holding up well. I really didn't like this brush too much so I'm okay with this. I also tend to favor synthetic brushes more now mainly because they don't eat your lather like the boar & badger brushes do and I don't have to do a 2 day soak in a fabric softener solution to keep them from eating my lather which does help out a lot in that area.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...