Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Optimism & The 37:

Today's shave felt really good. Think of having an itch and finally being able to scratch it. For today's brush, I went with my RazoRock Plissoft 24 mm Synthetic. I've grown quite fond of that brush as of late and it has become my go to brush. I also needed a Soap Commander fix today and went with their "Optimism" scent which is a really rich pear, plum & bergamot scent. If they added a little spice to it, you would have an oriental plum scent. And to finish off today's shave, I went with the matching aftershave balm which adds a touch menthol to the ultra soft post shave feel:


The German 37 was good but not great today. So I took it to my fire hose strop for 5 round trips on both sides of the blade. Followed by 5 round trips on the scrub leather & 10 round trips on the smooth leather so the next shave with it will be really interesting. I'm also about to do a honing session and get back into my straight razors. But I will only be using my Black diamond because I really want to get some new straight razors now that I've decided to use nothing but "X" strokes to hone from here on out unless I'm doing some repair work or honing a Gold Dollar straight razor for the 1st time. So I am going to get back into straight razors.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...