Friday, January 5, 2018

High Jump 47 & The Doc:

Today's shave was great. Today I went with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their classic High Jump 47 soap which has an incredible citrus barbershop cologne scent with a few notes of talcum powder & musk. And since I don't have the matching aftershave, I went with a nice double dose of Pinaud's Clubman aftershave which seems to pair with this soap perfectly:


The doc was great. I got almost as close as my cartridge razors in just 3 passes. There was a couple of spots I could have went over again but I decided not to. And the Gillette Nacet blades are epic in the doc razor. It's almost like there was no blade in the razor in terms of comfort. The brush that you see in the photo above is my other New York Shaving Company 26 mm silver tipped badger brush. I still prefer the synthetic brushes mainly because there's no break in period & they don't absorb your lather like the boar & badger brushes do during a shave. I'm also doing the fabric softener trick with this one and my Omega 10049 Boar brush is up next. They're getting a 48 hour soak time to help keep them from absorbing my lather during a shave.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...