Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Renewal & The 38C:

This morning's shave was great. After a nice hot shower, I went with my New York Shaving Company 22 mm silver tipped badger brush which I now have soaking in a mild fabric softener solution. Hopefully this will keep it from eating my lather which is why I love synthetic brushes. And I also went with Soap Commander and their fabulous "renewal" scented soap which is a fantastic floral fougere' scent. And to finish off today's shave I went with the matching aftershave balm & Brut aftershave splash:


The Merkur 38C was great but it was time for a new blade. So I put in a new Feather blade and stropped it 3 times on both sides of the blade using the smooth leather side of my strop. This razor is too mild and really needs a much sharper blade for my beard which is extremely tough. I think that was the problem I had last time with the Feather blades, I didn't strop them before the first use. I'm also looking at getting back into straight razors again. I just don't know when that will be.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...