Sunday, April 8, 2018

Honor & The 100:

Today's shave ended up being outstanding. Today is Sunday which means that Soap Commander Sunday was in full effect. After a nice, hot & relaxing shower, I went with their "Honor" scented soap which is their Barbershop scent. It's some where between Phoenix Shaving's C.a.D. & the older version of Fine's American Blend. And to finish off today's shave, I went with a healthy dose of Fine's American blend which isn't pictured because I decided to add it at the last minute & then I followed up with a healthy dose of Soap Commander's Honor scented aftershave balm which adds a touch of menthol to the epic post shave feel:


The 100 ended up being great but not before I took it to my ILR stone during the shave which will be in another post. My first pass with it was decent but uncomfortable & was still tugging. So I took it to my ILR water stone using Dr. Matt's under running water technique & let me tell you, it put that razor's edge exactly where it was when I first got it. I ended up doing 2 more passes at which point I was squeaky clean. I also did NOT get any stinging from the alum block & only minimal stinging from the Fine American Blend aftershave due to the alcohol content. But no cuts or bumps were mowed off & no weepers either. I'm sold on the effectiveness & speed of the ILR.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...