Thursday, April 12, 2018

Lemon Chill & The 42C:

This morning's shave was great. My allergies have kicked into high gear so I went with Stirling Soaps & their lemon chill scent which is loaded with menthol & is great for opening up the sinuses when you are having issues. The scent reminds me of a fresh made lemon meringue pie. You can still tell that it's a lemon tart type scent but it's leaning towards the semi sweet dessert type scent which is fabulous. And to finish off today's shave, I went with Stirling's Glacial Lemon Chill scented aftershave balm which was the icing on the cake so to speak:


The 42C started off decent at best & as I went along during the 1st pass, I could tell that it was definitely a bad blade & needed to be replaced. So I switched it out for a brand new Perma-Sharp blade & man that made a huge difference for the better:


After switching the blade out, I ended up doing 2 passes with the grain & 1 pass against the grain which ended up being a nice clean shave with no irritation. I also did not get any sting from the alum block either which is always a good thing. That's the secret to eliminating bad shaves. Don't be afraid to stop & switch out the blade & if you are using a straight razor, don't be afraid to take a moment or 2 to strop the blade & if that doesn't help switch it out for another straight razor. It's been so long since I've had a bad shave that I can't remember when the last one was.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...