Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Bye Bye Gold Dollar 200:

Well crap. Looks like my first shave video will be with a DE safety razor tomorrow. Earlier tonight while doing some honing on my Shoubandini Type 100, the scales at the very tip broke & flew off. I was NOT using any pressure at all because this was just touching up on a finishing stone. I've owned many Gold Dollar razors & to my knowledge, this has never happened to me until tonight. So after my shave tomorrow, I will be looking at some Vintage Japanese straight razors:


I've already found several very affordable Japanese straight razors on EBay. So I will be going that route from here on out. At least there, I won't have to trim the heel & toe of every razor & I won't have to hone the living crap out of them to get the geometry correct & bevel set if I'm picky enough. So time to do some searching to see what I can find. Dang it I says.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...