Sunday, April 1, 2018

C.a.D. & The 42C:

First let me say Happy Easter to all of my readers out there, he has risen. Today I woke up feeling great but when I looked in the mirror it was clear that I needed to shave very badly. So I took a nice hot shower & used my Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements C.a.D. scented shampoo & conditioner bar which was phenomenal. After that I went with the C.a.D. scented shave soap & finished it off with the matching aftershave which lasts 18+ hours. The scent on C.a.D. is Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's take on a specific brand named canned shave foam from the late 70's & 80's only with a much stronger & defined scent:


The 42C was great & was extremely comfortable but it was time for a fresh blade. So after the shave, I went with another Gillette Silver Blue & I stropped it 2 times on each side of the blade using my smooth leather strop which should take the harshness off the 1st shave:


As I mentioned earlier, the 42C was extremely comfortable. I was slick as black ice & squeaking in some spots. It's shaves like this that make me question as to why I don't use DE safety razors more often as opposed to straight razors. But I had to switch out the blade which pretty much tells you why I love straight razors. If the edge is no good, I simply take it to a water stone & it's good to go for several more shaves. That's the secret to getting a good shave & completely eliminating bad shaves on a permanent basis. If the straight razor does not feel right, then stop & strop it & if that doesn't do it grab another straight razor. If the DE safety razor doesn't feel right switch out the blade. I can say the same thing about single edge razors as well. Don't be afraid to switch out the blades and/or straight razors if you need to. That's why I don't get bad shaves anymore.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...