Sunday, June 19, 2016

Purpose & The Doc:

This morning's shave was simply wonderful. Soap Commander seems to make the best soap for my skin type. I went with their Purpose which is a Bay Rum scent that was perfect for those whom have sensitive skin but enjoyed the strong scent without any side effects. This scent was discontinued last year. And the RazoRock Plissoft brush loves Soap Commander's hard pucks. And you simply can't go wrong with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrement's double open comb razor with the Astra DE blades either. This was the 2nd shave on this blade as well and it was almost too mild:


Since I used the Doc, I don't really have to tell you what kind of post shave feel I have at the moment. But I can tell you that the Edwin Jagger DE 89 has it beat in terms of both comfort and post shave feel with the Astra blades. This changes however when I use Feather blades due to them being a little too harsh for my sensitive skin. So if I have no Astra blades and have to use Feather, I'll be going for the Doc over the DE 89. This is reversed though if I have Astra blades.

I'm In A Good Place:

First, let me take a moment to say thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. I also want to take a moment to...